RCU Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: Antenna position
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 04:54 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure how much impact fuel has on reception but it's always been one of the things I avoid. I wouldn't run that lead right between the tank and header like that. I'd suggest doing something like relocating the receiver slightly to one side and running 1 antenna as close to vertical as possible up that bulk head you have it zip ties to and the other (between the tanks) I would flip 180 degrees and lay it horizontal on the platform the rx is mounted on near the opposite edge near where the air connector is laying.. Of course this suggestion is based on just a photo of 1 small portion of the airplane so it may not be great either.

Things I avoid, fuel tanks, electronics, metal, carbon fiber. I simply try to get them 90 degrees apart and as far a part as possible. I also try to visualize the model from different angles and see if I think any of the things I mentions above can get into a position where they can get between the transmitter and both antennas. I find that keeping them as far a part as possible helps reduce the possibility of both antennas being shadowed by any single object in the airplane.

Last edited by wfield0455; 06-27-2020 at 05:00 AM.