RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 ROC Hobby Willys MB 1941
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Der alte Fritz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine from ATees; it was back-ordered and I had to wait about a month until they had it in stock. Right now their date is July 3 for the next batch. Since I didn't want to wait for the slow boat I paid the extra $50 and FedEx got it to me in 4 days after ATees shipped it.
I like to have sound in my rc vehicles and added a ESS Dual sound simulator to my Jeep. Since I couldn't find any space I ended up building a crate out of tongue depressors and mounted it on top of the fake crate behind the front seats. Works well, with the gaps I left between the boards the sound isn't too muffled. The crate opens to allow me to use the buttons on the ESS Dual if I want to and I also used a long servo extension cable from the receiver into the crate. That way I can simply unplug the cable inside the crate to connect it to the laptop to make any sound configuration changes.
Sorry for the color, I just mixed some of the colors at hand to create some military green. I like the jeep for trail crawling, but I am not a military purist. And Dixxon, the medic, doesn't care what color crate his supplies come in.