RCU Forums - View Single Post - top flite p-51 giant scale build
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 09:28 AM
orthobird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
Are you sure that is a Top flight? The rear is doweled. If worried the wood will break, then add a block of balsa between it and the fuse. the mount in the fuse looks strong enough.

One other thing you should to, if those are the antenna taped in place, they are crossed, and lose their diversity that way. Take 1" pieces of tube like you would use for pushrods and such and glue one horizontal, and one vertical and slide the antenna ends in each one, this way you have a 360* coverage in relation to your TX antenna.

Yes, It is from a Kit i purchased about 8 years ago. It is the Gold Edition Top Flight P51 . I built it to be a racer. Not a SCALE airplane. it is going to be for speed. I have purchased two motors for it, 1st DA 85, and then DA 60.

the person who finished it for me, since I quit about 3 years ago, he installed the 60 cc in it. But just now, I have purchased an inline DA 100 to install. SO it will be 3 pounds heavier than the 60 cc, this will help balance it out, since i have installed the rudder and elevator Servos in the tail.

The radio is not installed yet.

The wires you see are pull pull for the Robart retractable tail wheel.

I use JETI radio system, it is 2.4 Ghz with a second 900 mHz antenna for redundancy.

but, the radio is not yet installed.

Should be very fun!

but it still needs lots of work.

thanks for helping me.

tail servos installed. I made pushrods with CF tubes and 4-40 threaded rods.

not complete, as you can see. I still need to glue in the canopy and pilot, and many other things.