RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti DS-12
Thread: Jeti DS-12
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 11:49 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
‘Ok let see I don’t understand what that person was doing....first I don’t used throttle cut on the Turbine it servo zero purpose....we have brakes I do on electric and Gas.....

the person was saying that, he uses one switch for both throttle lock and idle up (which is trim ) in that situation....you cannot just cool the motor...that’s all I was saying...

and Kingtech motor at least the guy I talk to at KingTech USA said -+100 and that work just fine.....

Sorry but you're contradicting yourself. Read your post, which I originally replied to again. You said if you use throttle cut and throttle idle on the same switch you can't start manual cooling. I'll try to explain again how I think you can.

Switch down - Throttle cut -125% = TRIM DOWN / STOP
Switch up - Throttle idle ~20% = TRIM UP / READY

Normal start - Flip the switch to TRIM_UP/READY position, Turbine is ready, advance throttle and it starts
Normal Shut down - Flip switch down, Turbine stops, normal cooling cycle starts.

If for some reason following normal shut down the normal cooling cycle doesn't start:
With switch still in the Shutdown position (TRIM_DOWN) advance the throttle and then flip the switch to RUN. When you flip the switch to RUN the turbine will see the throttle channel transition directly from TRIM_DOWN to full throttle and start the cool down cycle
OR you can do a REAL manual cool down and grab a leaf blower.

I don't recall anyone saying +/-100% doesn't work fine, just that if your turbine has already done TEACH_RC using Spektrum; if you set your Jeti end points to +/-80% you don't need to repeat TEACH_RC.

Last edited by wfield0455; 07-20-2020 at 11:51 AM.