RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 10:46 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v
I noticed this issue on one of my jets just this past weekend. This particular jet has the Electron GS-200 version of the controller. I have not noticed this behavior on my other two jets with the Xicoy LGC-15 version of the controller. Are you, by and chance, using the Electron GS-200 version on your Ultra Flash? Is your other controller the same Firmware version? Just out of curiosity, does your Ultra Flash have a 3-axis gyro (e.g. Cortex, Mercury SRS...)? If so, do you have the gyro output from your 3-axis gryo to your LGC-15 disabled?

This is definitely something I'm going to investigate more. First thing I will do is test the behavior on my three jets with this controller. I have a fourth LGC-15 controller as a spare so I will check that one also. Then I will check the firmware to see if I can narrow down the issue to a particular version of the firmware. -Tom
This is a Xicoy LG-15 purchased direct from Pacific jets. As far as I know they only offer the LG15 and not the GS200. Not sure of the firmware version. It is only a few months newer than my other unit. I do not run any kind of gyro for any of my flight control surfaces on any of my aircraft so that is a non issue. The gyro refresh rate on this unit in my flash seems to be funky, too. I know my jp brakes are crap, as it seems most all of them are, but they 'seem' to brake fairly evenly. Yet when I come to a stop I can see my nosewheel go crazy as though it's fighting yaw terribly. I only have like 30% gain.