RCU Forums - View Single Post - Interceptor - new plane from Akiba
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 05:03 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks Ted.
The first dorsal fin extension I've seen on a Japanese design was Naruke's Advantage. Not surprising to see more as it adds tail area without increasing fuselage volume and the Japanese designers do not seem inclined to pursue designs with massive fuselage volume (Vortex, Cuantic, etc.). They do seem to be following CPLR's Oreka planform with highly swept horizontal surfaces and elliptical leading edges. I wonder what Naruke's newest design will look like.
I have followed Naruke's blog for quite a while so it doesn't surprise me that Flight Hobby (Yutani?) has one as well. I enjoyed browsing it and found an interesting photo taken at the flying field that Naruke frequents showing the Super Stage EX in the foreground and Naruke's Accuracy in the background. I love the Japanese kits since my first MK kit back in the '80s. The Flight Hobby kits are very nice but I have do perform a little modification on the recent designs which are for e-power and I only fly glow. The Top Stage is clearly an evolution of the 'Stage' series of designs and will be a nice model if it gets kitted as would the Interceptor.