RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 07-29-2020, 03:43 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Back in post #8327 I mentioned a mystery in the shop. Something was knocking over things on a shelf above the entry door. Never could find what it was and finally just forgot about it.

Yesterday I was finishing up work on my Jeep. I was installing the battery. I happened to glance at the shop doorway and I saw the tail end of a snake. It was thick, so larger than the ones I have encountered before. I ran to get my gun and a pick up tool. The snake had gone into a box canyon between a cabinet and the shop wall. One way out. I cleared the area for good access. I pondered how to get the snake out to relocate it. But the location was not good and I feared it would get away from me and go hide somewhere else. The snake had come from a shelving unit that I go to for supplies and tools. Good thing I haven’t been bitten.

Sadly, I made the decision to shoot the snake. Once I shot it, it came out slowly and made strikes to bite. I took it outside and put it out of its misery. I took it to a back pasture where the critters will take care of it. I hope this is a one snake situation. I will be careful for a while.