RCU Forums - View Single Post - Demand for model diesel fuel?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 07:52 AM
wheelerdan1324

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Demand for model diesel fuel?

I have been entertaining the idea of commercially offering model diesel fuel. To that end I have been talking to people knowledgeable in making model fuels. Even with ridiculous ethyl ether costs, it seems at least possible to produce at a price point near the retail price of glow fuel. I said “produce”. Overhead and profit is a different matter and flex considerably with volume. What I cannot assess is the demand for model diesel fuel. I don’t know if this is a chicken or egg problem? i.e. : Would diesel be used more if fuel were readily available? If so, how much so? In short, how many gallons would you buy, if model diesel fuel were once again easy to source? Assume theoretical price in the $40/gallon range, + shipping. At this point let’s not get into a discussion about formulations, please. While formulas are important, those variables are not enough to make/brake this as a business model. (pun intended) I just sticking my toe into the water, here. I am asking for numbers, please.