RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scale finishing my BVM Hun
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 06:33 AM
ozief16
My Feedback: (13)

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

The sand/fill hell continues. I’ve set the forward fuse aside as done and ready for paint. That includes the hatch, canopy, gear doors and speed brake.

ive moved on to the aft fuse and am finding that the vertical is not as wide as the base of the vertical on the aft fuse. The other thing I’ve found is a number of voids in the primer or glass from the factory around the vertical. I’ve not done much layup work but I’m thinking the small area with the very shard angles makes that process very difficult. So I’ve been filling and sanding and blending and and and... it’s coming along. It’s just slow

Base of the fin with the Dolphin Glaze to get the width at the bottom right. If you look close you can see pencil swirls in the glazed area. A buddy saw that and asked if I was doodling on my plane. Technique here: I put swirls where I need more filler and Xs where I need to sand. Too many times I mix filler up and can’t remember all the spots I was supposed to do or I go to prime and find a high spot I should have gotten but forgot

Other side very early on

Last edited by ozief16; 08-05-2020 at 06:39 AM.