RCU Forums - View Single Post - Haya U.K ltd have started looking at possibly adding a new model to there range.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:12 PM
Longsheep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by afv aficionado
Hi Longsheep
Actually I was looking at my Centurion (Chris Ludwig kit) road wheels (51mm) yesterday. The're about 1mm larger than the Chief road wheels (50mm), the gap between the pairs is narrower than Chief too, but should not be too much of a problem, though the stalk behind the road wheels is shorter on Cent, so a spacer would be required. The bigger issue would be the axles - 2.5mm bolt on the Cent, about 3mm odd on Chief, though that may be fixable with bearings with greater ID, same OD. Didn't check the hubs though - Cent hubs are domed, Chief hubs pointed.

Mal
Hi Mal,

Yes the Chris's roadwheels are larger than the real thing, also slightly thicker I believe. It does make the suspension slightly less movable although isn't a significant issue.

I would recommend Andrew to make the road wheels on this own, but with the rubber part reusing T-34 if that can keep the cost down. Although the standard ABS rim isn't a huge issue - those on my Chieftain has shown no damage after 2 afternoons running outdoors.