RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli 1/7 (120") B-25 B scale build
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 08:44 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default B-25 Build

Over the last several days I cut in to an 8” solid block wall an opening for an air conditioner for the shop. Today I managed to seal the outside block wall to the air conditioner with aluminum strips with silicon caulking. I also sealed the unit on the inside with caulking and an ½ “MDF frame around the unit.

It is a cool 105 degrees today, so it is the first test of an all-day work in the shop with the air conditioner running. As it turns out it the unit holds the shop (about 500 sf) at 77 to 78 degrees which is a welcome relief from the past having to work in the heat.

Today, I just wanted to finish the repairs to the old Senior Falcon I built 55 years ago. I converted it to electric from the Enya 60 engine I had in it. This choice was driven by wanting to fly at 0600 to avoid the heat. We cannot fly gas before 0730 so electric is the only choice. Believe it or not, the Falcon flies quite well after all these years. It’s kind of like flying a glider on final, but it flies well with a long gentle final approach.

Photos tomorrow on the air conditioner, Falcon, T-28, Giant Stik, P-51, Hempel’s Super Decathlon, unfinished Corsair, a second P-51 bought as a favior to a fellow member, Storage shed, and plane hangar building (pump house). All of these has led to now getting started on the B-25.

Last edited by rossmick; 08-12-2020 at 09:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ifly3d (08-14-2020)