RCU Forums - View Single Post - Foamie jet for X45/K45 ?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 03:20 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Tay3
So what should/ would we use in the vent line to stop this, also what happens inverted will fuel run out? Or clog

noob questions
thanks Doug
The vent is only going to be an issue on the ground, only thing I do for my vents is keep in mind the location so its not behind the nose wheel to get trash thrown at it. I fly on paved runways only, while still dirty I would only put a filter on my vent if I flew on grass or dirt runways. Not requirements just opinions, thoughts and what I have seen/experienced is all. Even in my fuel jug I still get trash in it after using a filtered funnel to poor fuel in the jug, I try not to drain from the bottom of my fuel jugs, I leave about an inch on the pick up line from the bottom.
I don't do anything crazy, filter when it goes into the jug and filter from the jug to the jet and the supplied filter that comes with the motor. The UAT is just a bonus, its not meant to be a filter but when you use the MAPs like I do they are the same filters that are used in fuel filters. My orig post had a typo, I meant to say dont be afraid to over size your vents to help the motor breathe as well.