RCU Forums - View Single Post - what is 3d flying?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 04:22 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by H5606
I don't fly enough (used to fly at least once a week and don't even do that now) and have a simulator that gets little use so these are areas to work on -

Some of the most impressive flying skills I've seen were in videos of competitions taking place indoors where pilots appear to be flying exacting routines following a set schedule; Having seen these demonstrations gave me the idea to ask here:

Are any of the foam electrics with the cruciform fuselages and flat wings like those from Twisted Hobbies or any other source worthwhile having around for 3-D training?
In a word, yes! ANYTHING that motivates/allows you to pick up that transmitter is worthwhile having around. The 32" class planes I think you're asking about fly absolutely awesome and are durable enough to handle a lot of those early mistakes with no damage. The downside is that unless you're flying indoors or within a very sheltered area, anything in the way of wind over a breeze can give you a reason not to fly. Jumping up just a little into 39" class planes allow much more control over wind, and fewer excuses not to fly.
The following users liked this post:
DeeCee 57 (11-27-2020)