RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips {Agnew Model Propulsion Systems}
Old 08-21-2020, 04:45 PM
ScarabChris

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok so this little rig worked. This is the shock cap from a shock for one of my RC trucks. It screwed nice and tight over the rounded out plastic end I tried before. In addition to the cap being glued on with a 5 min epoxy it is also held to the plastic with two set screws that tightly grab the hex inside the transom side of the outdrive. Man the boat was flying...I was able to run it so hard it went through the 6S batteries which is a solid 20-30 mins of run time. I will get some video this weekend. I couldn't go past 3/4 throttle before the boat wanted to fly out of the water. I was running with my sons boat that goes 30 MPH and I was blowing past his like he was sitting still. LOL.

So anyway...I now know how to rig the U-Joints. I have some new metal U-Joints that are round inside. I plant to find a way to make them hex inside so they can be easily swapped out. I always thought the gears in the drive would be the weak part...not so much. It's those plastic hex U-Joints.