RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM F 16 (original)
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 08:40 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Hi Dan,
My sincere thanks for your reply, just what I needed.

Dont know what happened to the Mamba, I ordered one when show it at Florida Jets many years ago, then nothing, it just disappeared.

Having seen yours fly on the excellent video I think the 45 will be fine at 10 pounds as my F16 is quite light, Humbrol paints which weigh nothing.

So, if the gear still works after a pressure check I will press on. I have all the underwing tanks etc. Shame to waste them.

I was warned, years ago, about the high drag with the gear doors open so I will be ready and the x45 has rapid throttle response !

I have only a few flights on the 45 before its midair in the L39, but like my JetsMunt 100 , 50 flights in my BobCat XL , it has been perfect.

All that said, in another corner of my workshop was an Avonds F15 waiting for repair ( shot down on 36 Mhz, flying through a microwave link in Australia).

So, it crosses my mind that the F15 ( which flies beautifully) with TWIN 45 s might be fun.

With all my 12 jets serviceable and my two Covid projects almost done (an Airworld Sea Fury with a Moki 250 and a Balsa USA 1/3 Cub, with an OS Pegasus) seems the F15 and F16 will go ahead !

Again, Dan, many thanks for you reply, THIS is RCU at its best.

David.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 08-22-2020 at 08:47 AM.