RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF REBEL 2m
Thread: CARF REBEL 2m
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 09:56 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
I did find that manual on this forum but it stated that the CG is in front of the wing tube, not aft. Based off of your and Dave's recommendations I will try re-balancing at the rear of the wing tube with an empty tank. That way if I ever run empty during a flight I will not be tail heavy. With a about an 1 1/4 of fuel in the main tank (about the amount I usually land with) I should be just a little nose heavy and I will take it from there.
Tone
That might have been the pirotti version of the manual. And then a guy later in the thread, that I believe was involved with Pirotti, said it's the back of the tube, not front. I'd have to look again, but the carf version of the manual I am pretty sure says back of tube. Carf used to have it as a downloadable manual. Don't know what happened to the link now.
***EDIT*** You are right, the carf manual says FRONT EDGE OF WING TUBE, in bold letters. But they did a quicky manual with all the basics for getting the Rebel Pro up and running, and in that manual, it clearly states "The CG of all Rebels is the rear edge of the wing tube". I now understand your frustration...

Last edited by bodywerks; 08-31-2020 at 10:12 PM.