RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 09-08-2020, 09:52 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

I hear you on the testing. All they say is x number tested positive, but they never say how many are actually sick. Where my wife works, one of the office workers there had his mother come up from I think Alabama. She wasn't feeling well a day after she arrived, so she got tested. Came up positive. His family then had to get tested, now none of them were sick, but all of them tested positive. They each retook the test, including the mother, all but one then came up negative, the co-worker tested positive. They then took a third round of tests, all came up negative. The mother had a cold with a slight fever, she was fine a few days later. My wife has to keep track of all these tests, so she has the insight on them. One other thing, are they tracking retests, or just adding them to the pile? We don't know, so how can we trust what is being reported? Hard to have faith in a system when the system can't be trusted.

Over the weekend the family took our first trip in our new 5th wheel RV, the campground is in Grant County WI. None of the campers wore a mask, of course we are all outdoors enjoying the weather, and keeping distance, according to the CDC thats all you need. My wife had gone to the stores in the area a couple times, and she had noticed that there were 4 bars she saw, no one wearing masks at all, and they were crowded. I checked the cases for Grant County, 98 the past 14 days, however, it does not specify if these are just positive test cases, or actually sick cases. The county has 51,439 people, so the rate is less than .002%. Guess just wait and see where this all goes, but it is looking less and less like a pandemic now, so fingers crossed it will all be over soon and we can get back to living our lives like we have always done.