RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF REBEL 2m
Thread: CARF REBEL 2m
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 02:38 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by bodywerks
I think the only rebel video I have out is my Pro, which is hardly overpowered - barely 1:1 at take off. And the video was a maiden flight. The only Rebel I've had long enough to fly hard is my HOT, and anyone that's seen me flying it in person can attest, I push it hard.
I'm not discounting your statement. But a Rebel with a 160 weighs less at take off weight than a T1 does dry, so it stands to reason that a sport jet at 28lbs take off weight with a 36lb thrust turbine requires throttle management.
The 160 G4 is nearly the same size and weight of the 140 G2. 1oz difference which makes my CG right on the back of the spar instead of the middle, which I am actually liking more So it is close to the same weight at take off. No I'm not using all the throttle, except until the wheels leave the ground, since this is only a temporary fix until I get my 140 back from the shop for service. 1/4 throttle most of the flight for normal flying hardly ever make it to 3/4, and still the same fuel use as the 140. But it is nice to run the 160 for a time to get used to how it spools before I put it in my BVM F-18 which won't see nearly the air time this Rebel sees.

And yes you fly that Hot extremely hard. Like Havoc hard...
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (09-22-2020)