RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 09-29-2020, 02:26 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Yesterday I was doing battle with a tire bead. I had to replace the leaking valve stem. This tire beat me to death. I tried every which way to break that bead. In the end I had to give up. The bead would not pop open. Today I take it to the tire shop. First bead I could not pop open. I admit defeat.

On the plus side while I was working I hear this loud roar. I said to myself that is a military jet. I look up and see this B-52 shooting across the sky a couple of miles away. I rush to get my phone out for a picture but could not get set up in time. It had gone to a speck in the sky.

So I go back to work. A while later I heard the roar again. This time I had time to get the phone ready. I managed to get 2 quick shots which were not easy as he was moving along pretty good.

He was flying the same old military training route that existed years ago. I used to be able to see B-52’s and A-10’s flying formation. And a few fighter jets. Same flight pattern. I wonder if they are restarting that training flight pattern.