RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 04:58 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Well, got it running. Fired right up now that the GP have juice to them. I can't get it to run below 4K though with 2 turns out on the HSN. It will rev up to 8K in a heart beat, but if you close the throttle too quickly it stalls out. I want it to run @ 4K for the first tank, but the lowest it will stay running is 4800. The left bottom while facing it runs hotter than the others too. I am using SIG 4 Stroke 15% with 16% castor/synth blend. Did a valve adjustment too, they were a little loose, but mainly wanted to check oil after a 30 minute run, and good oil on all 3. Made the mistake of having the prop facing away from the garage, and filled the 4 car garage with smoke in the process. Turned it facing the garage after 5 minutes running or it would get into the house.

Any thoughts on where I should set the needles to get it to idle below 4K? I would at least like to have it idle at 2500 if possible for now until it is fully broken in. The 14 x 6 APC blew the tach off the table and moves the starter at 4500 RPM, does a pretty good job. Also what temp should I look for below the GP on the cylinders? Two were ~115* the left bottom 153*. Pretty sure it will fire off with a flip once the carb is set right, the starter runs about a second before it fires off.