RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 03:45 AM
Glowgeek

Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Monty Python
Angry yes, i hate dem fa125's but your statement does not rule out buying an fa115...sensitive? hell no, i'd need an IQ higher than your average two stroke heli pilot to feel that. When you spend money on a brand new engine like the fa120r3 it's normal to get a bit anxious and over think it running them in, at least i do. Good advice from lonnie re tuning. I never bother with valve lash until it's run in and ignore, in fact put your temp gauge away, having a single carb feeding multiple cylinders you are always going to have to compromise on mixture, just tune it like you would any saito single. Top rpm is good you won't go anywhere near seizing it unless it's an fa125 with one of those gawd awful graupner props on it

ps if it drops a lower cylinder during the initial run in don't assume it's bad plug, my fa200r3 had a pushrod slip off a rocker cup before it was properly seated, yes there is room inside the rocker cover for this to happen with no damage. Personally i was so relieved i had a beer or 15.
Hmmm, interesting. Don't you think?

Originally Posted by Hobbsy
After the first 10 minutes at 4,000 at 1/4 throttle, you can lean both needles enough to get your lower rpm and do the rest of the break in without the glow power. The valve lash can wait until the 50 minute break in is done if set before start up. Also, lose the temperature gauge.

Yes Jim, I saw that and there is a car engine still available. I never saw a company work so hard at encouraging to buy elsewhere.
Sure, if your lucky.

If Saito were to ship 1 bad pushrod in a million engines I would be the recipient of that engine. In fact, I was. They're your engines, do what you want to during break in but I find it odd that you both would find a simple exercise in preventative maintenance worthy of objection.