RCU Forums - View Single Post - Paints to match Taigen RTR's when replacing bits
Old 10-03-2020, 07:44 AM
H2Ohaze

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BcuriousR
TS 28 is a near perfect match for Heng Long Sherman. It is not close to TS 5. TS 5 is a dark green, I swapped airsoft Taigen turrets for unpainted IR turret years ago. I finally found good matches, but went through so many paints, I can't remember which ones finally worked. I'll look through my sample/test cards later. For the Taigen Sherman 76 I believe the closest match was the Krylon Camo green, then striped with flat black to match the hull. If I ever have to do it again, I'll just repaint the whole thing(s). It's better to make it yours, make it unique. Opinion: if parts were replaced in the field, the paint probably would not have been an exact match to the weathered parts on the existing vehicle. So a little mix and match with some weathering might look right at home.
Is this the Camo Green: https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K04293...1738725&sr=8-1

On my monitor TS-28 and TS-5 look exactly alike, but that doesn't mean anything.

Using a mismatched color--> realism. Interesting idea. Begs the question do you slightly mismatch a lighter/faded green say...or make more obvious as in primer color, completely rusted wheel next to green ones, etc.