RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 05:36 AM
Big Sky
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
A servo clearly will not work. Servos have three wires. Landing gear operators have two. On my prolink gear operator, the ground is in pin 1 and the power wire is in pin 3 (i.e. normally where the signal wire is). The gear operator's connector may be configured wrong if its connector has a wire in the center position of the connector. If the gear operator's wires are in Pin 1 and 3 then plug the connector in so that the wires are reversed. Or if the wires are correct in the gear operator's connector. It could be trying to drive the gear operator against the stop and the current limit is being reached. Also, the current limit setting may need to be increased enough to drive the gear. Again, a servo will not work as there is no signal being sent to it.
OK Thanks, I'll mess with it later tonight and see what happens, cant test with retracts as I burned out the last set trying to set it up,, new motors should be here tonight. I will need a voltage regulator I guess as the controller is putting out 8.4 volts to the retracts and the jp retracts must still only handle 7.4