RCU Forums - View Single Post - A new scam on eBay?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 04:55 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts
Default A new scam on eBay?

On October 3rd I ordered a 30 caliber machine gun for my 1:6 scale Jeep from eBay. EBay provided a tracking number and tracking history and I followed as the item came across the ocean and then went to Illinois and then Ohio and then to the Redford post office, where I live, and then it says it was delivered but the item never showed up at my house. On the same day they say the item was delivered I did get an envelope from the seller, and the envelope had a USPS tracking number on it, but all that was in the envelope was a piece of paper saying my item has been shipped by a different Courier and gave me the same bogus tracking number they had provided to eBay which now says the package has been delivered. I have already filed a claim with PayPal and we'll know what's going to happen within about 10 days, but on the same day I ordered another item from China, an m-43 wool cap like the Panzer crews wore, and I've got the same kind of bogus tracking number and I'm watching tracking go to all the same places the last package did, Bensonhurst Illinois, a place in Ohio, and now it says it's been accepted by the Redford post office. If it goes to delivered and doesn't show up then I'll know this is some kind of new scam and I will definitely keep you guys posted. My advice here is this, if you order anything on eBay from China and you don't get a USPS tracking number or a tracking number that you can easily find with a Google search, immediately contact the seller and demand a illegitimate tracking number or an immediate refund. If the second package fails to show up I'll definitely be contacting both eBay and PayPal to tell them that a new scan has surfaced but from past experience I seriously doubt that they'll listen to me. The two items together only add up to about $50 and I'm sure they'll just refund the money and write it off and the scammers will get away with it.

We'll see what happens, and I'll keep you posted.