RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 04:36 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
A servo clearly will not work. Servos have three wires. Landing gear operators have two. On my prolink gear operator, the ground is in pin 1 and the power wire is in pin 3 (i.e. normally where the signal wire is). The gear operator's connector may be configured wrong if its connector has a wire in the center position of the connector. If the gear operator's wires are in Pin 1 and 3 then plug the connector in so that the wires are reversed. Or if the wires are correct in the gear operator's connector. It could be trying to drive the gear operator against the stop and the current limit is being reached. Also, the current limit setting may need to be increased enough to drive the gear. Again, a servo will not work as there is no signal being sent to it.
Guess you were referring to the above post. Eh? Just wanted to make sure that it is clear for future readers that on the gear wire harnesses the VDC+ power wires have to be moved in the JR connector to where the signal wire normally is. I first picked up on that when I read the original manual on the first LGC15 that I got. The lesson here is: It helps when one reads the manual or even the posts that people send when people are trying to help! It also helps, for the first time, to set the gear and controller up with a Rxer connected and do the testing on the bench before installing the gear. That way you do not have to deal with any other wires or settings other than the gear. Sometimes reading and making new systems work up on the bench first make life a lot easier. But I am glad you got it figured out. Once you get the settings adjusted correctly, you will love the controller. No more break dancing and veering period.