RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF Ultra Flash Evo build thread +
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 04:44 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Finally clearing some time to look at the Evo again. The tank still has pressure in it after a week, so that’s ready to fit when the model is complete.
i started trimming the canopy glass last night, you can just about make out the lines. I trim front and back to get it over the frame. Then moving back and forth you will see a pint when the glass is closest to the frame hoop. I then mark with a sharpie the front and back lines-I always look for 3-4mm only at the front and 8-10mm around the rear. The side I want to sit above the corner radius of the frame, placing the glass over the frame as I have the side trimming needs to be approx 3mm above the lower edge all the way along-then you trim over the hook plywood support.

I also started work on the nose unit, the factory leave in links that help keep things square and parallel while the wood sets. I cut these out with a Razor saw, the JP unit fits straight in. Shortening the steering arm allows it to clear the opening at around 54mm side. I used a Permagrit file to square up the nose opening ready for the nose door. Don’t cut the door until the opening is completely parallel.