Thread: Mibo A-10 Gen 6
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 09:18 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Ok, maiden report is in!!

The pluses:

This jet flies like it’s on rails. It is a big, graceful, pattern plane.

I am a elevator believer, so I was able to dial in 10 mm more than the recommended travel for the elevator. In short, that was too hot. Like you all have stated, the stock recommendations are quite nice. The ailerons (at 30mm) were ppppuuurrfect.

On my second flight I was able to get my A-10 nice and close to me so I could see my awesome paint job! When it was farther away, it actually looked like a grey A-10! We were surprised!

She lands nice, slow and sweeeett.

The bad:

My main gear twisted to a 30-40 degree toe out on my first touch down. It made for a VERY short roll out after touching down.

This, unfortunately, broke the two little gear doors on the mains. I also found the the set screws were all loose on my mains.

Also of note, there were no flat spots for the set screws.

It took me a few hours to get access to the set screws and fix the gear doors. I was unable to disassemble the gear to put some flat spots in, so I decided to just REALLY tighten the set screws and go for a flight.

This is when I noticed that my nose gear axle looked bent. Well, the axle was loose. So I tightened the axle and found that the nose strut bottom is a composite piece and there was a small crack. I was able to tighten the axle and I went for my second flight.

On my second flight, I wanted to extend my final approach 50-75 ft, so I touched my throttle slowly with up elevator as an anticipation, and that is when I noted that the engines REALLY push down the airplane at slow speeds.

My main gear twisted again, though notably less, and my nose axle crack looked a little worse, so I called it a day.

Like this awesome jet has proved before, it is a Sswwweeet flier. My gear disappointed me. I did not see that coming. Obvi, I will be working on that.

Last edited by ravill; 10-30-2020 at 09:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
camss69 (10-30-2020)