RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 09:49 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi JPEE,

Dang your fast! I was just getting my second post setup and saw you already posted. lol

I loved that second picture with the top side creeper - been a few times I could have used something similar. Right now I have to spend some time underneath the layout connecting wiring for all the new track I've laid the past few weeks. Gotta stretch the back for that...

I had been looking at that steamer for a while and do love all the details in it. Can't wait for it to get here and I'll definitely get some video of it chugging along.

Now some bad news...

This past Sunday I had to put my Goblin into the ground. I wish it didn't go in so hard but my mind was in plane mode I do believe. So I was doing some easy flying, all upright. Just some simple ovals and figure 8's. I was also throwing in some upright traveling pirottes (basically going in a straight line and giving some right or left rudder so she swings around 360 degrees). I have been having some issues with it not completing the 360 for some time but didn't think anything of it.

Well, I was coming to my turn down leg when I sort of lost control of the rudder, she continued to do the pirouette, slowly. And she was getting far away, near construction houses and the road. I usually turn by now so its never a problem before. I hit throttle hold but the larger blades (its a stretch running 606 blades) it continues to float and drift. I'm a bit above midstick at this point. Instead of slowly giving neg pitch, I pull the stick straight down (my brain was in plane mode). Yes, she drops like a rock with a sickening, and very loud thump. Then silence.

I have been somewhat disheartened the past few days since my crash. But taking it apart and going through the damage has helped. I was surprised that the main shaft actually got bent in the crash.

Mark