RCU Forums - View Single Post - What fuel do you use
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 10:35 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What fuel do you use

Man; where were all you guys when I was debating the hard-core car enthusiasts on RCO a couple of years ago? I was flayed severely for even SUGGESTING using that evil airplane fuel in a car/buggy/truck.

I'm glad to see that the brainwashing is not affecting everybody...<G> I suppose folks who only run the land vehicles don't mind paying up to one third more for fuel, since they don't use as much of it.

But when I got into the stadium truck scene a couple of years ago, and paid $25 for a gallon of 10% "car fuel"(Blue Thunder), I knew something was fishy.

These days, my grandson's RC-10 and my Nitro Rush run just fine on $12 per gallon Omega 10% with 3 ounces of castor added. I stopped using high nitro fuel in my helos a few years back; the stuff has simply gotten too expensive for my tastes, and I used 15% for years successfully; and am doing so again.

But I tried a tank of 30% CP in the Nitro Rush one time, with predictable results. You guys that want to blow away your pal in street or back yard races, this is the stuff. For just putzing around and having fun, you can tune your engine to just about any type of fuel you want. I would stay with at least 10% nitro, though; these little engines need it.

Steve