RCU Forums - View Single Post - The new T1 models F16 build thread
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 07:36 PM
seaside535

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkwurk
Seaside, the reason I asked about elevons is because you would need to specifically setup the gyro (delta mixer) to accommodate elevons or tialerons. I agree with Gun, I've never flown an F-16 but I did have an F-15 and preferred it in elevator, rudder, and aileron mode as well. Besides the jet being way too heavy, when ever I had the elevons turned-on, It felt like it would kick the tail out in turns. I had it setup on a switch and pretty much always kept it off. It is probably good for quick 180 turns in a dogfight, but It was not a comfortable flying jet in that mode. It scared me - I do have a 1/7th scale F-15 in the box, If I ever get to building it I will probably attempt elevons again, it should have a lower wing loading.

Also, related to my previous gyro question about the 3-position switch. Let me ask what I meant to ask in the form of an example. In what position are you using the slider? When you take off, is it up, down, or middle? When you have the gyro on, are you applying more slider or less slider? I'm trying to determine what % gain you're in when you're referring to "lowest setting", more specifically, if it is 0, +, or -. The answer will help us better understand your current setup of flight modes, and help us provide a meaningful suggestion to help you.

Note: I went back and read the entire thread to better understand what is going on and noticed you said you had the gyro on a slider. Hence, why I had to edit my post, sorry about that.
my f-16 is conventional, i was saying my tamjets f-16 used elevons, I only tried the gyro once when it started oscillating, after that flight the nose retract collapsed, haven't flown
since then,
my gyro is setup with middle off, up is HH, and down is normal. I took off with no gyro did a few circuits and put the gyro on normal mode, very little gain,
now that i think about it, i could use HH mode and the model with track on that axil, my next flights i will have more feed back, on a side note i think i will only use the gyro for the rudder next time, the jet flies great without the gyro (besides the nose dipping), I will also make sure all of my surfaces are lined up correctly,
I thought i had video of a flight, I will look,
thanks for the response,