RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pls help, transmitter issue?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 11:27 AM
Fillmore Farmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at the receiver, it's so simple & tiny.....but it did occur to me that perhaps the technology is here where even cheap systems have receivers that can send signal back to the transmitter to show a fault. The green power light comes on immediately and all control surfaces respond fine....only the motor won't respond, as it to force you to land or prevent you from flying. I changed to new batteries twice and still the red light comes on. Sometimes the motor will make a glitch noise or respond for an instance but then it's dead.

The manufacturer, in bad English, told me to re-bind the system but I'm not seeing a button anywhere on the receiver and I'm unfamiliar with binding (I'm old-school back when we had flags on our antennas!). I don't think this is low-battery, it's either:

ESC fault being sent back to transmitter indicated by red light or...
Lack of proper binding (not likely since all control surfaces respond and I can slope this plane w/o power) or....
Transmitter error and the red light comes on to advise user it's not functioning correctly and throttle is killed for safety

Dude, I can just throw money at this and buy a new radio system but I'd like one that plugs into the existing servos and I don't want to make a mistake and buy a cheap system. Back in the day Futaba was the best but today there's a lot of new stuff on the market. On Amazon they seem to get a lot of good reviews for FlySky but what I'm looking for is something where it's intuitive: I don't have all day to struggle with some poorly written instructions and a system that's tricky/mysterious to program. Just a good 5-6 channel radio and I prefer a system with rechargeable batteries included. I guess I need to take a pic of the servo connections so we can determine which style they are and which radios would plug right in. I'm told servos are pretty universal nowadays, yeah? Thanks!