RCU Forums - View Single Post - Looking for receivers?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 10:17 PM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DGrant
For my older 72mhz 9CAP I installed a Futaba synthesized module, that I can go to any channel from 11-60.

I still fly with it a few times a year with no problems at all. Nice thing was I bought boatloads of Futaba 72mhz Rx's in good condition when everyone was going to 2.4ghz, and never worried about what channel they were on.

I do have modern 2.4ghz systems as well for my newer giants, but the older equipment is still relevant for my classics.

I've always thought the 9C was a great radio, and almost bought a 2.4 module for it, but opted for the 72synth module so I didn't have to keep swapping it out for each channel, or 2.4. The 72synth module stays put and is dedicated to my older 72mhz planes.
D, thanks for your help, that sounds like a great option. I’ll look fro the module. In the meantime, I’m pulling what hair I got left out with this radio. I have the manual and iv read through the acro parts several times and I must be missing something? When I got it, my uncle had already set up aileron differential and I left it alone as the plane I had just finished was flat bottom and needed diff. I fumbled my way through the programming and adjusted the up to 120% on both and 15% down. I have no idea how the mix occurred to run both servos? After running the engine about once a month and flexing the servos and keeping the batteries charged, today was perfect for a test flight. Got to the field and hooked the servos up like before and turned it on to check before I put the rubber bands on. Left aileron works like it’s supposed to, right didn’t move. Thought I might have moved the six channel to the wrong one in the past so I switched it from ch 7 to 6. Neither works. When you mix an aux channel for two aileron servos, do you have to mix them on one of the switches or sliders ir knobs first? That’s where I’m stuck. I moved the servo to the working channel 1, and it worked. Could I have a bad channel in the receiver? Thanks, Bill