RCU Forums - View Single Post - FRSky Taranis Beginners Support Group
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 04:21 PM
tedsander

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
Copying Model Memories.

I want to copy a model memory within my Taranis X9D Plus, running OpenTx 2.2.1 to use to fly a similar model.
I specifically don't to "Copy to anther Transmitter", which is what is offered up when I do a search.

Can you describe how this is done without compromising the copied model, or any other model memories in the Taranis please?
Or, if it can be done?

Jim.
I assume you mean copying an existing model to an open spot on the model list, to use as a base for the new model? If so, on the transmitter:
1. Short press MENU to get to the model list.
2. Scroll to the model that you want to copy.
3. Short press ENT. If it is the currently active model, you will get a short menu with "Backup", "Copy", or "Move". If it is not the currently active model, you'll get "Select" and "Delete" as options in addition.
4. Select "Copy".
5. Hit the "-" key, and it will jump to the first open slot at the bottom of the list. You can then use the + or - keys to move it up or down the list, even up into the main body of the list, if you want to insert it between two existing models.
6. When happy with where it is, do a short press of the "ENT" button, and it will copy it to that spot.

Now you can select it, and edit anything there you want - name, tweak the configuration, etc.
It MIGHT even control the receiver in the original model correctly...(but I haven't tested that!). Obviously, you should assign a new receiver number and bind to the new receiver for the new model....

It works pretty much the same way in Companion - upload the entire model list, copy/paste a model to a blank spot, modify it as needed, and download the entire list back to the radio. But I know you and Companion haven't always seen eye-to-eye!

Ted