RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2021 USA Only Jet Events
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 02:28 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Hi Guys

We are announcing that we are semi/cancelling our Coachella Jet Jam scheduled for February 2021. No catering, no awards, no Tshirts, no spectators either. Covid rules will apply.

We are allowing members who have and fly jets to come out for the week/weekend. Just to note other non jet flying club members can fly during this period too.

Please note that we do not charge for, Shades, Tables, RV parking nor our beautiful concrete pit area. We also have spent over 70K this year which includes new runway slurry and 2 more shade structures on the south end, FYI the new fabric and those new units alone were 39K.

Please We are club "privately funded" and do not have a public source of money. I do not want to be insistent but please help us by joining our club. We have invested over 400K in private funds in this field since day one.

You must be a paid member to come and fly. Join here, See below.

http://coachellavalleyradiocontrolcl...ip-Application

With that said even if you buy our membership I think this will still one of your most reasonable non/events of the year.

FYI, For our future events! We were successful in finishing the 4 day FAA SRM exam. We were very successful with that meeting. We are waiting on the LOA which we will sign ASAP.

During this 3 month period we are being allowed to fly up to 900', that is 100' higher than last year, after that waiting period we will have 2000' feet for all events in the future. All we need to do is notify the FAA of our next day flying altitude.

We have also been given and permanent NOTAM over an around our field.

I must thank the AMA for their fine advice and guidance thru this process. They were really in our court.

I sincerely thank you for your understanding.

Dan
Sorry to hear that Dan. I was looking forward to making the long trek from Reno again.