RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 07:06 AM
fatfreddy17
My Feedback: (43)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jraycut
I've been reading through this thread quite a bit, mainly about the 150 and problems w getting #3 cylinder to come alive (to run more consistanltly). i saw in posts dating back to 2011 w comments being made that the 150 up to the 300 all have the same carbs. I looked on several websites and indeed, they do sell a replacement carb that is supposed to fit all of those engines (150, 180, 215, 250, 300) as the mfg's list it as so.

I also read where a guy was wanting to swap out the carb for a smaller one (perhaps one from the zenith G38), the topic kinda faded off and I was curious if anyone had tried this and what the results were? i would think by now - that Moki would have gotten this feedback after all these years and came up w something to help it run more reliably(?).

Ive tried hotter plugs, messing w needles, tore down carb and cleaned thoroughly, servo speed, etc. The #3 on mine fires, but not regularly and i know the 150 isn't putting out the numbers that it should. Is there anyone out there that has a 150 and was successful w it running consistently on all 5 cylinders? and if so - what was your method in achieving this?

Thanks,
Joe
Jay,

My 150 runs pretty smooth. I am using the Rainbow Tronics ignition, and the Denso plugs on all cylinder. The only real modifications were to slow down my throttle servo and I added hot air exits. Upper cylinders are 200°- 220° and lower cylinders are 180°-200°. It took me 2 seasons to get it like this.

I do maintenance every 4 flights. There is usually a valve or 2 that needs slight adjustment, and a couple of the intake and exhaust 17MM nuts are loose. But the next flight after maintenance it purrs awesome.

These engines are very demanding, and take patience to get dialed in.

Jeff