RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brushed 3s motors?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 08:10 PM
Nictrolis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushed 3s motors?

Hi all, noob here...

A few years back I picked up someone's old RC10L. I've since mangled the Tekin G9 ESC and decided I would make some upgrades, on the cheap, with an eye towards eventually buying a new rig. Long story short, I now own some 3S LiPo packs and a Hobbywing 1060 ESC.

Unfortunately, buying the ESC I misread the specs and thought the lazy 14T Orion motor I had would be perfectly fine. The Hobbywing 1060 disagrees, and requires >18T for a 3S setup. The only other motor I have is a 11T Speed Gems, so that's not going to work either.

My question, after scouring the internet for hours -- who sells 3S capable brushed motors??? It seems like most max out at 2S, and the few I have found that support 3S are in the same range of turns as my current motors. Ideally, I'd find an 18T double or triple wound that is happy with a 3S LiPo feeding it, but maybe I'm mixing new and old tech a bit too much...

I really don't want to go brushless if I don't have to, old school as the chassis is... Of course, I'm already over the line, meh.

Last edited by Nictrolis; 12-06-2020 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Correction of what I want