RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 10:12 AM
mirored
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Has anyone compared the LGC-15 to the Digitech CRU? I am currently operating three Xicoy LGC-15 units and recently purchased a Digitech CRU for comparison. At first, the DigiTech was a little intimating as there is no onboard screen, but that is not a problem if you are using Jeti because all the programming is done via the Device Explorer. The length and width of the two units are the same, the LGC-15 is a few mm more in height. I have not actually flown the Digitech CRU yet so I will reserve my opinions on the performance of the CRU until after my first few flights with it, I will say that taxi tests with the unit look very promising. Overall, so far, I'm very impressed with the Digitech CRU unit as it has many PROS over the LGC-15 if you are using a Jeti radio. If my test flights go well with the CRU I plan to replace all of my LGC-15 units in the near future.

Here are my PROS/CONS for the Digitech CRU so far:
PROS:
-If you use Jeti, programming is much easier and more convenient using Jeti Transmitter
-CRU is slightly smaller (in height)
-CRU is $50 less expensive
-CRU has option for Nose wheel brake (I don't use this option, but it's there if I needed it)
-CRU can send telemetry info to Jeti, can setup alarms for stuck gear doors etc.
-CRU works with only a single cable from the receiver (EX Bus) for gear signal, rudder signal, and brakes signal, and it's very easy to configure in the device explorer. Fewer wires for cleaner installation. I think the LGC-15 has this capability as well, but have not tinkered with it.
-No screen calibration errors to deal with like on the LGC-15, which seem to happen frequently.

CONS:
-The computer software needed to update the firmware is not very intuitive, although I was able to figure it out after only a few minutes of tinkering.
-If you are using a transmitter that does not have Jeti Device Explorer type capability I would not recommend the CRU because programming would presumably require a computer.
Thanks for this. Time to consider changing. Do you have a link to the instruction manual? How is it mounted?