RCU Forums - View Single Post - No Fail Test......
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 03:47 AM
Retiredat38
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah, not an AMA action. Maybe the poster of that info should have clarified that considering his position within the AMA. It appeared he was speaking of something the AMA was doing.

Now, considering what the FAA puts full size aircrews and mechanics through, and considering the main reasons given for these new rules are Air Safety and National Security. I find it hard to believe the FAA is willingly going this route with the testing. Especially since one can definitely fail the companion test for part 107.

I suspect the FAA is doing this simply because they are required by the law to establish some form of testing, they admittedly lack the man power to implement all this according to the time table and time for the test is running out. So the test format is IMHO mainly to meet a congressional mandated deadline. Which means it could change in the not so distant future. Just my opinion mind you.

And I agree with the Participation Trophy analogy. A teaching aid? Yes. But don't make such a thing the means of certification. It becomes a tragedy waiting to happen.

Last edited by Retiredat38; 12-14-2020 at 03:50 AM.