RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 03:54 PM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 275 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
I just soak them in denatured alcohol until they are turning freely. Usually, especially castor run, the oil gums up and has everything sticking. Have done that with 3 used engines I got, and now they all work perfectly. The worst was the Gemini 120II. That one was so gummed up all the valves were stuck open. I used a lot of DA with a plastic scrub brush to get the gunk out of it, now it runs smooth as silk. I only crack the engine if I feel anything but smooth bearings. I never run them until the engine spins smoothly and has decent compression with the GP. I spin them without the GP in that way I can feel for any notchiness at the compression side and past TDC where they would be hidden by the compression and release. Once it spins freely I then shoot it with an oil, either MM, or 3n1 to protect the steel until I am ready to run it up, then use trans fluid as a ARO.

I hate USPS. What the hell were they thinking to send a package from Champaign IL destined to just outside Rockford, down the St Louis MO? It shipped on the 11th, and had not been seen since. It is the tank and switch mounts for my Corsair, been waiting on them so I can finish the install! I have to wait until the 22nd before I can either cancel or reship it.
Its called the know nothing postal general cut hours, cut sorting machines and limited sort times. His only qualification was his campaign donation size.

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 12-20-2020 at 04:01 PM.