RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 06:56 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 275 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Monty Python
looking better mike will look good in the air. I thought i saw a pic you posted a while back with triangular ally leg gear spats, if they had checkerboard covering it may balance the scheme out better.
The landing gear strut covers I had taped in place last time are pink I didn't have enough checkerboard after I had to recover the rudder. They get glued to the wire with silicon so I will do that last. The wing struts are red as are some of the graphics so that should break up all that pink. I got the radio, control horns, and pushrods installed yesterday and they work nice and smooth. I just need to go back and adjust throws and add some glue to the hinges. I generally shoot for throws around the low rate shown in the instructions to start out. All control surfaces are a good size so it should still be responsive. I have had to live with a few mistakes I inherited with this airframe but she should be flyable.

My flying buddy is trying to talk me into giving him $25 for a secondhand Goldberg SkyTiger with a K&B .61 on her. The only thing I would need to do is recover the rudder, everything else is good shape. I'm not sure I have a place to store it though. I told him it would need to wait until I start a new job. Unemployment sucks! I blew the last of my hobby cash on a deal too good to pass up. I fly a Futaba 7C on 2.4 GHz I was found a second transmitter with 2 used receivers in new condition for the cost of about 1 new receiver, The transmitter stock battery had been dumped for a LiFe battery. My backup receiver is a Futaba 6EXA on 72 MHz it will be nice to have a matching backup. I get back to work I'll start saving up again. I want one last kit the SIG's Maxey Hester Ryan STA Special. Aftre that future purchases will be limited to the parts to build what I already have and Saitos of course! Why does the old saying "Best laid plans of mice and men." keep popping into my head?

Mike