RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCM Piper Seneca
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 03:51 AM
DaveRiviello1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Toolman-RCU;2531718]To frame the Fuselage I did not use a jig although one should be used. The fuselage is comprised of three main crutches, and 35 formers. The three crutches are the lower, upper front and upper rear. Begin by marking the crutches with the former locations and then setting up the lower crutch on a flat builing board and use a stright edge to make sure it is stright tip to tail. You then brace the crutch using weights. Place all the formers in the proper location on the lower crutch and tack glue them in place. Add the two upper crutches and after making sure th formers are at a 90 degree angle to the builing board, tack glue the upper crutches to the formers in the proper locations. Next step is to add the wing saddles. Mark the former positions on the wing saddles and glue to the respective formers. I then added some 3/32 planking to the sides of the fuselage while carefully positioning them before glueing. The positioning of these planks is tricky if you are not using a jig because this will keep the framing square. Make sure you measure and remeasure before gluing these initial planks. Below is a photo of my framed fuselage.