RCU Forums - View Single Post - Panzer lV “ what if “ build.
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 12:54 PM
tankman

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Managed to sneak in a bit of shed time today, well I say shed time but I took everything into the kitchen today as it was a bit parky in the shed to be honest. Got the Stug cupola fitted and added some scratch built periscopes, there nothing fancy just a few bits of scrap plastic cut and roughly shaped to give the impression of periscopes. All I have to do now is make a hinge bracket for the scratch built cupola hatch. Made a start on the mounting points for the support rail for the pendulum armour. Using 4 pieces of brass tube each side with a 2mm ID superglued to the Panzer mudguards. These will be used to hold the brass rods soldered to the support rail, which in turn the armour plates will be mounted. The Stug lll from where I freely admit to copying Paul Seamarks simple yet elegant design, the model in question is included in the pictures so you can get an idea of what I’m trying to emulate. Enough waffle and onto the good bit........... pictures.

More 3d printed steel wheels to clean up a bit prior to painting.

Stug cupola fitted with scratch built periscopes.

Slightly different view showing scratch built hatch lid.

Removed rear light from left hand mudguard as advised by Jarndice who is much more knowable than I on Panzer IV’s

Brass mounting tubes added for mounting pendulum support rail.

The model I drew my inspiration from

Different view showing the simple yet elegant way this armour is designed and mounted.

Last edited by tankman; 01-22-2021 at 12:57 PM.