RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hooben 1/16th scale Cromwell
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 01:34 PM
fuchstraumer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both of these vehicles would be fantastic additions adding some variety from the fairly standard MBTs and WW2 vehicles we have thus far, but given how much waiting I'm already doing for some fresh hulls I'm definitely going to be waiting to see these get out into the wild.

Like, I'll probably just wait to see if the Clark Cromwell happens (and the Walterson's T-72 lol). I'm betting Haya will have their Centurion out before people get solid reviews on either of these Hooben offerings, and since HL has been seemingly focusing on upgrading their internal components and parts I'm betting we won't be getting any new hulls from them either - but I'd much rather get a Merkava from them, because as someone else pointed out at least spare parts for HL tanks can be found everywhere (and now they do things like metal suspension arms and easily-found metal wheels with bearings, so)

I'm at least happy to see new hulls coming into existence because if nothing else it'll potentially push other manufacturers to put out new stuff but yeah just, gosh. I cannot trust Hooben because for as long as I can remember being into RC tanks (so like, back to 2010 or so?) I've heard about how much caution one needs to have with their products.