RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swiwin Turbines
Thread: Swiwin Turbines
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 07:12 PM
rangerpaul

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EDFjetpilot
I set up my Futaba telemetry referencing videos by both Bad Boyz RC and Thomas Chiang, so hopefully they can clarify.

Sean
Sean - I went back and watched both the Bad Boyz RC and Thomas Chiang videos and you are right. Both only use two data line connections, not three. They use the SBUS2 and do not connect the throttle to channel 3 directly on the receiver. I removed my third data line between channel 3 on the receiver and PPM on the ECU and it works just the same. So I am not sure why the CRX manual shows two data lines coming from the receiver to the ECU and one being from throttle to PPM. Chaing's video is much older and apparently there is no "Telemetry" plug in named on the ECU. He refers to Data Bus instead. The Bad Boyz video is much more recent and they do refer to a "Telemetry" assignment on the ECU. So for now, I have removed the third throttle line. I would still like to hear from a tech expert why they both work and which one is the safe connection for flight. But, thanks for bringing this to my attention as I am here to learn!