RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swiwin Turbines
Thread: Swiwin Turbines
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 07:48 AM
rangerpaul

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadian Man
While I haven't played around with it specifically here are my thoughts on it.
Method 1. Connected like I did in the video. PPM port connected to throttle channel on receiver. No telemetry.
Method 2. Connected PPM port to throttle on Rec and Telemetry on receiver connected to Telemetry port on GSU. I tried this. I run JR DMSS Protocol so I didn't get any telemetry data.
Method 3. I didn't try connected this to my receiver as an SBUS/Xbus System as I figured it wouldn't work as JR protocol is Xbus and Sbus is mentioned. If using the Bus setup works and you get 1. control and 2. telemetry data than should work fine.

Probably not helpful at all but.....
Thanks for the reply! I have tried both setups. Channel 3 throttle to PPM and SBUS2 to Telemetry. Only SBUS2 to Telemetry. In both setups I get identical results - throttle control and telemetry data. I was just wondering which way is the correct, safe connection? I have watched many videos online and I see both setups being used. Maybe it really does not matter. It is just in my Futaba manual it states that the SBUS2 connection is to be used only for Telemetry and not for channel or servo connections. It says channel and servo connections are to be made either directly to the channel outputs on the receiver or to the SBUS (not SBUS2) connection.