RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Bashing is Pointless
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 05:25 AM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ECHO24
Over at RCGroups Model Aircraft and Drone Advocacy forum anymodeler has the last post (one of maybe hundreds) going on one week plus and
no response. The next thread prior hasn't been answered since February 12th. I think that solves the riddle of why anymodeler parachuted in here.
Nobody to talk to over yonder.
You are right that many of the "conversations" (using that term loosely) at RCG have "played out". Unfortunately, many of them have also devolved into personal attacks with derogatory tones. If you read any of my posts (including the one you mentioned), you will see that I do my best to maintain a respectful and balanced tone and avoid any personal accusations.

I also will mention that the tone we hear in our own heads as we type out a post may not always be the tone the reader hears, and attempts at humor or sarcasm may be misconstrued as derision. If I am guilty of such, I make attempts to apologize and/or correct my meaning.

Finally, while I do enjoy a spirited debate, I also resent any implication that I have some sort of nefarious intentions. The whole point of participating in a public forum such as this is to expose ourselves to a broad range of ideas and opinions. If we all just agreed with each other, what would be the point?