RCU Forums - View Single Post - tank battle preparation questions
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 10:44 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dmos85
I have been into rc tanks for many years and have always wanted to go one of the rc battles, But since I live in northwest minnesota It's a good drive to go to one. I will build a tamiya jagdpanzer 4 and will pick up the tamiya battle unit, Is that all I need to go to one these events? I plan to go to Danville this year hopefully. Also what radio is recommended for battling? thanks, dan
I bought my Tamiya Jagdpanzer Lang kit, Battle Unit and Futaba Skysport 2.4 Radio with the left stick spring return kit at the AAF Museum and I use the above recommended tool box for carry and storage too. There is a possibility, built stock, the Lang might run a little fast for Danville rules.

While I do not participate in club battles, several regular Danville guys have bought and run my builds there. The rc tank builds were all modified using battle day spec recommendations provided by Daryl Turner: the DT gearbox mount brace, metal elevation arm, road wheel bearings and tuning to meet speed requirements. These are the same specs Daryl uses in my x-Tamiya Pz4J build, which he fights at Danville.

Sold on to Dr Williams. A Daryl Turner collaboration build, spec’d and built for Danville Battles.

Small TD, the Lang.

No where to hide! The Tamiya Pz4J was out gunned in backyard SoCal battles, 5 hits to 9 hits.

Daryl’s Pz4 at Danville. My build, Daryl’s recommended upgrades for use at Danville.

Pair of Panzers at Danville.