RCU Forums - View Single Post - Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 10:08 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by jetnuno
Hi
I.have a Core for 2 weeks and very happy with it. Less funny part is to program all jets from scratch after being a Futaba user since I was a teen. Nonetheless, this has been very intuitive and fun programming

There is no mixer in the servos menus, that allows to mix different servos using the same funtion. The mixer only allows to use mixes, between functions, like elevator to flap, or aileron to rudder. But for example I use 2 servos ganged together in the flying stab of my aviation design Hawk. If I want to mix elevator 1 and elevator 2, it's not possible. I can do it on the servos menu, but the curbe is limited in only to 17 points in a 200% travel, meaning only 7 or 9 points are really usefull for the used throw.

Usually I match the servos using the TX, rather than the Powerbox, as PB only allows to match in 3 points. One of the things I thought the Core could do, was to match a courbe in the same funtion in 33 points. In my 18MZ I was using 17.

The lack of mixes with different servos using the same function, is really a major topic to be left unattended. I am yet discovering the TX, but don't see it being possible

B.R
Nuno
You don’t need to use free mixers with the Core. There are several ways to do everything, but having two servos move from one control you just add the servos to the function...and keep adding. With fixed elevator to flap mixing and CROW I have had 6 servos added to the flap switch and you can adjust each servo sing the flap switch as a controller. The aileron and elevator servos are still controlled by their own function.

Now with flight modes available Flap/Elevator compensation is best dealt with using the trims since they allow some adjustment throughout the models life.