RCU Forums - View Single Post - *** Ultra Sport Brotherhood ***
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 05:41 AM
rglgatortail
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrf
Those two are the ones I remember best. I have done a couple of twin engine Super Sportsters, but no Ultra Sports. I would recommend that you increase the wing span by one bay on each end and increase the size of the vertical tail by the same percentage. I would not recommend making it a tail dragger. Look for the RCM Plans for the Twin Super Sportster and use the same style of engine nacelles. And please post photos when you finish it.

Jim
Hey Jim, I was curious as to what your inspiration to the design of the Ultra Sport? Did you see a full scale plane that sparked the inspiration? Do you have a favorite size of the Ultra Sport? I wonder what it would take to design a Ultra Sport that can hang in a 30 to 35 cc gas burner? I can imagine that this plane would be in the 110 inch wing span range but that is ok if you was to place a fuel tank near CG and ignition right behind fire wall then have servos mounted to rear fuse I think that plane would have a really nice appearance and flying appeal. What you think? I happen to get to own a OS 1.60 twin cylinder 4 stroke engine and you have no idea how much i so wanted to hang that motor on my last Ultra Sport 1000 rebuild but i was concerned with balance.