RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kolibri fuel ramp
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 06:53 AM
Bobneal1
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Mach1;12671247]Thanks for the reply. I plumbed the pump in a loop through an off board fuel tank with fuel and the pump runs as normal from 8v down to 1.5 v (as low as I could go). Problem is it won't run when hooked to the ecu. When initiating the "prime function" (trim up, stick up, wait 5 sec) nothing happens.
Here is the really strange thing...With the onboard 2s connected to the ecu ( using the supplied connector, where the 2 inter pins (ecu batt in). If I measure the voltage of the two outer pins, where the pump connects, it reads 8.06v. You would think it would read 0v until the ecu commands voltage to the pump. Then, if I hook the pump to this connector, still powered up and measuring the 8.06 batt voltage, the pump will not run! How can that be![/QUOTE

You must have a break in the connection between the ecu and the pump . Maybe a break in the wire or a bad connector. If you load the circuit where you are measuring the voltage, the voltage will probably drop to zero.

My pump has bare Solder connections on the pump motor terminals . Measure the voltage at the terminals when the ecu is doing a prime or a start

Last edited by Bobneal1; 04-01-2021 at 06:56 AM.